Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm Still Here...

I know I've been slacking lately in my posts. Life is crazy with my kids home all day. And I know many of you do this all the time and I should be able to handle everything, especially since my kids are older and pretty self sufficient, but I've decided to just accept the fact that you're all better than me. I'm totally fine with that. ;)

Just a few random things...

The most important first: Tomorrow, I will finally be announcing my 200 followers contest. So be sure to check back for that. I know I promised this over a month ago, but I was waiting for a cool little something to arrive in the mail. It should be here later today. Yea! And yes, I'm probably making it sound way more exciting than it actually is. :)

Don't forget about the Share Your Darlings Blogfest hosted by Michelle Gregory on Thursday, July 1st. This is your chance to share your most beloved scene that didn't make the final cut in your novel. Or any other favorite you thought had been killed for good. ;)

And congrats to crit buddy, Julie Cross, for getting an agent and an awesome book deal all in one week. You rock, Julie! Congrats!

I'm getting a lot done on my WIP, so that's finally made it's way back to the top of my priority list. Well, near the top, anyway. I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of July. So, I will probably be pretty sporadic in my postings for the next couple of months, but I'm not gone for good. Things should return to some version of kids-in-school-normal in September.

So, what's going on with all of you? Anything exciting happening? Any exciting news I might have missed?

Hope you're all having a fantabulous summer!

8 comments:

  1. Nothing much going on with me, but I'm exited for your 200 followers contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here too...although there's nothing new to report. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just resubbed E to agent. Very excited. And nervous.

    And hey, I'M having a Special Birthday Giveaway tomorrow! I'll have to link to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we wrote the exact same post today! I've been a horrible blogger, but I've gotten a lot of other things done. Can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we do we bloggers always apologize when life gets in the way of blogging? shouldn't it be the other way around? IDK. i can hardly wait to read the next version of your wip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My life has been busy too--I haven't been checking blogs as much as I usually do. But I agree with Michelle--we shouldn't apologize! Life is life, and it demands our attention away from the blogosphere sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby - you're awesome!! Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, live means we are often away from the blogging world simply living our lives. And children into the mix is always time draining, though we love them :)

    ReplyDelete