Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's a Happy Wednesday!!

For a few reasons.

1. I've been a contest junkie for as long as I can remember, but I've never won anything. Ever. So, I was so excited when I clicked over to YA Highway and realized I won the ARC of THE SHIFTER in their contest! I'm like a week late in noticing, but still--I WON! Yea! I've been interested in this one since I first read about it on agent Kristin Nelson's blog. Can't wait until I have in my hands. :)

2. Yesterday was the last day of triple digit temperatures here in Arizona--at least in our area. We're officially into Fall, even if it's still over 90. Baby steps.

3. Today was crazy hair day at my kids school. And though I'm a little annoyed that the colored "spiking" gel was pretty much useless for anything but color, I still think it turned out pretty good. I got some of that got2b spiking glue. That stuff is awesome, and just like glue. Weird. Now my oldest wants to put permanent blue or pink streaks in her hair. I'll have to think on that one. :) Here's a pic, if you're interested.

Hope you're all having a fabulous Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. YAY for Happy Wednesdays! That Got2B Glued gel is all we use here too!

    Congrats on winning the ARC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so jealous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Now if you only had time to read it...

    Kidding! I've been looking forward to Janice's book and always check her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great picture. You're a good mom. Whenever my kids have crazy hair day, I make them figure it out for themselves. Maybe I'll help them out next time. Your kids are adorable, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, that hair is priceless! :D

    Also, much to my dismay, no pink or blue streaks are ever truly permanent :(. They all wash out eventually. But, hey! Maybe in this case that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali: We let my son grow his hair out for halloween one year and gave him the coolest spiked mohawk ever with that stuff. Now I just needed to figure out how to mix in some color. :)

    Natalie: Thanks!

    Tere: I just noticed you put your real name on there! So brave! ;) You say you're kidding, but unfortunately, you're right. I still haven't had time to read CATCHING FIRE. I've had it for a month now, and I'm only half way through. Not to mention my neglected revisions. Argh! Thanks for the congrats. :)

    LW: Thanks! I can just imagine the disaster if I left my kids to fend for themselves with anything colored.

    Becca: Priceless, yes. But B was pretty upset when she got home. She said everyone was calling her the blue Eiffel Tower all day. Then I laughed and she got mad. Now she thinks I'm mean. What else is new. She'll be happy to hear you've almost convinced me to let her put some color in her hair. :)

    Word veri: petspam--is that dogfood? Oh wait. That's regular spam. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! I'm jealous, though--I really want to read that book!

    ReplyDelete