Monday, August 31, 2009

B.L.O.G. - What Does It Stand For?

Last week, on Elana Johnson's blog, there was a bit of discussion about what B.L.O.G. stands for. I thought Elana's son's guess was the funniest, but the most popular seemed to be Batman Looking Over Gotham, suggested by Eric. Elana made a request for a badge, and I don't know if she was serious or not, but I'm always up for Photoshop fun. :)

Keep in mind that this is just a hobby for me, and as much as I would love to own Adobe Illustrator and the full version of Photoshop, I don't have a spare $1200 lying around for software. So, no laughing at my limitations, at least not in print. ;) You don't have to say you like it, but I don't want to hear that it sucks. Even if it does. Cool? Cool.

Also, I thought Rebecca Knight's suggestion best captured the true essence of blogging, so I made a badge for that one, too. No one asked for it, but it's my blog, so I can make one if I want. So there. :P

Feel free to take them and post them on your blog, if you like. And credit, like a link to this post, is not required, but would be totally awesome. :D


14 comments:

  1. These are lovely, Abby, and well-fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha .. thanks for the giggle. very nice badges :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I knew Batman was secretly in my life. Shh don't tell hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great! Thanks for the smile to start the day and week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome. I happened to be the guy who came up with this little gem, and since I don't always have these moments of awesomeness, I am going to jump in and take credit. If you don't mind though, I'm gonna steal your badge for a blog post :) This seriously has made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weronika: Thanks!

    Tess: Thanks!

    T.Anne: I'm so telling. ;)

    Tricia: Thanks!

    Eric: I changed the post to give you credit. And feel free to steal it for your blog post. Glad you liked it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Badges? We don't need no stinking.. oh, wait, these are AWESOME! :D Love them, Abby!

    Thanks for immortalizing mine ;). Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've set up rules for the badge and have awarded people. I would have picked you Abby, but you already have the badge anyway :) You are deserving though, so consider yourself the secret number six winner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becca: Thanks! Immortalization is always good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so talented, you know that? Thanks for sharing your talents. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Danyelle! You're so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha! I LOVE THEM! I'm taking them both. LOVE THEM! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute. You did a great job! (BTW, if you use a MAC, there's a photoshop-style program called GIMP that you can download for FREE. It works pretty good. Especially for the price!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elana: Thanks for the inspiration! ;)

    MC: Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac. Though, I was tempted last time I got a new computer. But thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete