Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rainy WIP Wednesday

It’s been overcast and drizzling all day today, and I’m loving it. The temp’s hovering around the mid-80’s--not fantastic, I know, but so much better than the 111 we had on Monday. It would be a perfect day if I didn’t have a tooth pulled this morning, and if I could get this New Kids on the Block song out of my head. I haven’t actually heard the song for ages and I’m not sure what triggered it, but it’s making me a little batty. I’m trying to flush it out with some Evanescence and Bush, but the stupid song really wants to stick around. The Vicodin I took for the pain in my mouth is starting to kick in, so maybe that will chase it away. And I apologize in advance if this sounds like I’m stoned. I’m feeling a bit stoned. My brain doesn’t handle narcotics very well.

Today’s not going to be very productive, but it’s been a pretty good week for my WIP. I finished the rewrite on my first four. I ended up keeping a lot more than I planned on, but I completely rewrote several key scenes, eliminated a couple of extraneous characters, and did some rearranging. I think it all flows quite a bit better now. Of course, that opinion could change tomorrow, depending on my mood. :) So, just a few more minor changes and I think, after I spend some time obsessing about my query letter, my ms will be ready for some serious querying. So exciting! And so scary to be so close.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your progress. :) Progress always feels so good. And good luck on your query letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! Rewriting is the hardest (and most rewarding) part. You GO, Abby! :)

    ReplyDelete